Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I-37 at Sharks Cove 4-28-10






I have more pictures on the way, but for now this is it. FYI: RI37 was born on Kauai in 2005. She is the first known child of R5AY. That posterior dorsal wound was seen fresh on the west side on 4-6-10, and appeared to be a possible propeller wound. Judging by your shots it appears as though it's healing nicely. These are amazing animals.

Remember Shark Bite? Look down the blog a bit till you find her. (type in "shark bite" in the search bar) See her shark bite wound? Healed up juss fine. These are truly an amazing creation.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how RI37's posterior dorsal wound his coming along. This her first sighting since the wound was first seen on the west side on 4-6-10. DB

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Oh I am so thrilled I37 has been spotted again...I was so worried when we found her on 4/6/10 at Guard Rail Beach, where all the homeless are. For two days we stayed with her, guarding her from people and dogs. The homeless helped us out too. It was a nasty raw, pink, bloody wound, showing from her back, near her tail. Yipppeeeee...this is good news, she survived and is ok. Thanks to all who found her. Now I can go on with life. Seeing this pretty female, with that big wound all exposed, bleeding, was scarey. And yes, I know Sharkbite, he was another amazing healer...his wound being so horrible!! Thanks guys.